The Yandicoogina mine is an iron ore mine located in the Pilbara region of Western Australia, 95 kilometres north-west of Newman.
The works are neccessary to carry out the Yandi Oxbow Project, which is focused on sustaining current production at the Yandi mine. The Australian civil and mining contractor will facilitate:
- the construction of a 4.5km haul road;
- the construction of a heavy vehicle bridhe over the existing railway;
- over 700,000cm of embankment construction;
- over 3,200 lineal metres of culverts (these a tunnel carrying a stream or open drain under a road or railway); and
- upgrades, rerouting and extensions to existing ligh vehicle access roads.
The contract is expected to run for 38 weeks, with works commencing in July 2016.
At its peak, more than 130 workers will be needed for the project, so keep an ear to the ground for upcoming announcements!
Source: NRW Holdings