Just two months in to 2015, PlantMiner is already experiencing extreme growth on the previous 12 months. January was a huge month for the PlantMiner.com.au team and more importantly, for our valued hire suppliers and the return on investment that they have seen.
Between May 2013 and October 2014, PlantMiner wrote over $50 million worth of business for our hire suppliers, and in January 2015 alone, there was over $6.6 million worth of hire transactions awarded to PlantMiner hire suppliers, providing a healthy return on investment for the companies listing on our site.
Much of the work awarded began in the tender phase with a quote request being submitted; moving through to project award; and the equipment hire transactions being completed, which is encouraging to see.
There have been a few defining factors influencing this sharp growth;
An increase in staff numbers
- PlantMiner has invested heavily in sourcing the very best staff for our Business Development and Client Management teams, so that we can help better educate people looking to hire equipment through our site how they can save time searching for hire quotes, as well as educating hire suppliers on how they can get the highest return on investment for advertising their equipment with PlantMiner.
An increase in searcher awareness
- PlantMiner is fast accelerating its reputation as a simple time and money saving solution to procurement issues that have plagued the industry for years. This is evident through record visits to our website and enquiries being submitted by people seeking quotes for equipment. Our goal at PlantMiner is to be the first destination for people with an equipment hire need, connecting them with hire suppliers who have what they need.
The purpose of this article is to communicate reasons why some plant and equipment hire companies are more successful than others, and to provide some tips on how to increase your chances of winning work.
Tip 1 – Quote On Everything:
It is a simple concept although a problem we come across everyday. The more quote requests plant hire suppliers respond to, the more chance they have to win work. Not quoting on a lead is akin to expecting to win the Lotto without buying a ticket.
- Every “Confirmed Job” we send has a phone number and an email address for the person seeking the equipment - so simply accept the lead in your PlantMiner account and contact the lead directly.
- Quote requests for tender purposes provide plant hire companies an opportunity to get their business profile and capability statement in front of eyes that matter, as well as putting their business in the race should the searching company be awarded that tender!
Tip 2 – Quote Quickly
Time and time again, feedback from people seeking gear has been that they hired from a company because they provided their quotes quickly and the job was time sensitive. Being one of the first hire companies to quote helps increase probability of winning the hire job.
Tip 3 – Read the Quote Request Feedback
The PlantMiner Business Development team endeavor to ensure that each quote request has accurate and relevant feedback. This feedback is a great source of information regarding status of the hire, if the job is still a live opportunity (so you can follow up again), tender award dates etc.
Tip 4 – Apply relevancy filters
PlantMiner gives you the ability to put filters in place to ensure every lead you receive is relevant to your business. From the type of work you want to receive right down to the term or length of the job. Some of these relevancy filters include:
- Wet and/or Dry hire
- Minimum hire terms
- Confirmed jobs only and/or tenders
- General Construction work
- Mining jobs
- Government / Council work
- Private Hire
For example, if you are a dry hire only company based in Dubbo NSW and you are only interested in confirmed, minimum one month, dry hire jobs within a 50km radius of Dubbo, you have the ability to apply these settings to your account so all leads you receive are valuable and relevant to your business.
Tip 5 – Speak to your Client Manager
Each PlantMiner Client Manager is a prejudice-free expert voice of the plant and equipment hire industry. Treat your Client Manager as an extra employee who you receive updates on what is happening across your region, what equipment is the most searched for in your service area, what is hot in other regions etc. PlantMiner is the largest equipment hire marketplace in Australia and our data is extremely relevant, valuable and yours to tap into.
Are you a plant and equipment hire company looking to win more work?
Become a supplier on PlantMiner and start generating more work for your business. Register your interest below and one of our Client Managers will be in touch!