Adelaide Medical and Nursing Schools Building:
It's been described at the University of Adelaide's largest capital works project in its history.
The facilities are worth an impressive $206 million and have a federal contribution of $60m.
Work began on the 13 storey building in August last year by the appointed builder Lend Lease.
The real opportunities for plant hire in this project lay not in the earthworks - with excavators and the sort - but in small equipment hire. As Australia's largest online marketplace for plant and equipment hire, PlantMiner has you covered for cranes, access equipment, trucks, skip bins, site amenities, edge protection and other small tools.
The building is set to open in 2016 and be student-ready for Semester One the following year.
Adelaide Convention Centre Upgrade:
It's time to gear up for some earthworks! In 2010, the South Australian Government announced a commitment to the redevelopment of the Adelaide Convention Centre and allocated $397 million to the project. Work commenced in late 2011 and is expected to complete mid-2017. The major redevelopment is being delivered over two stages.
Stage One - an expansion of the original building - was competed and opened recently.
Stage Two - involves the demolition of the existing structure before constructing a purpose-built centre.
Thinc Projects is overseeing the redevelopment and Lend Lease is the appointed builder. To give you an idea of the scope of the project, take a look at the construction facts and figures released by the state government:
- the new composite plaza floor for Stage 1 includes 1,700 tonnes of structural steel
- the exhibition superstructure will comprise approximately 5000 tonnes of structural steel once completed
- Stage 1 provides an additional 4,300 square metres of convention floor space
- Stage 1 also includes two 300 tonne steel trusses, each 80 metres in length that sit on top of concrete pillars in the Adelaide rail yard
- the project so far has provided 95 per cent of the work by value to local sub-contractors
- Total number of people to date who have been inducted by Lend Lease - approximately 4500