This major road network caters to more than 20,000 vehicles a day and in order to ease congestion, the current single traffic lane will be upgraded to double lanes. The upgrade will also remove excessive queuing and delays as well as help increase safety by reducing the risk of vehicular accidents at intersections on Statton Street, Bugden Avenue and Cliff Crescent.
Ashley Drive Upgrade Stage 2 scope (source: Tuggeranong Community Council)
The scope of works that BMD will be delivering includes:
- Duplicating the traffic lane between Erindale Drive and Ellerston Avenue
- Providing provisions of on-road cycle lanes
- Reinstatement of existing shared paths
- Installing new utility services which includes street lighting and traffic signals
- Constructing stormwater drainage, pedestrian underpasses, and a new road bridge over Monks Creek
- Upgrades on the existing road bridges across Tuggeranong and Monks Creek
- Upgrades to the underpass north of Statton Street and Bugden Avenue
Works on this ACT Government project is expected to commence in October 2016 and to be completed by late 2017.
Stay up to date with the latest industry news and project updates by subscribing to the PlantMiner blog.