Brisbane's iconic New Farm Riverwalk is set to become a new riverside precinct, providing world-class recreation, lifestyle, event and tourism options that provide access to and from the river.
CPB Contractors subsidiary, Broad, has been named the preferred tenderer by HSW Nominees and Asian Pacific Group to design and construct the $100 million Howard Smith Wharves development.
In a company statement, Broad said the project is an exciting step for their team, and a landmark project for Broad in Queensland.
"It is our privilege to be contributing our capabilities and experience in delivering this significant project, including managing the complex interfaces between urban construction, heritage works, stakeholders and surrounding communities.
- development of 2.7 hectares of public open space for markets and festivals including $17 million landscaping budget to create grassed play areas, gardens, walking track, and cycle path
- 164 room, 5-star boutique hotel;
- new convention and exhibition centre;
- refurbished existing buildings to accommodate restaurants and cafés;
- two-level basement car park for around 360 vehicles.
Image courtesy of HSW
Broad has said that construction is scheduled to commence in early 2017 and be completed by mid-2018.
If you'd like to keep up to date with the latest on this project, subscribe to PlantMiner's industry blog below!