Following the award of a $424 million contract for works on the Campbelltown Hospital Redevelopment, CIMIC Group company CPB Contractors has secured yet another contract from the New South Wales Government to deliver Stage 1 of the Nepean Hospital Redevelopment project at Kingswood in Western Sydney.
This new contract award has a value of $379 million added to CPB Contractors’ order book.
“The Nepean Hospital Redevelopment Stage 1 builds on CPB Contractors’ growing portfolio of hospital projects and our strong commitment to Western Sydney.
“CPB Contractors is proud to continue our close working relationship with the NSW Government and Western Sydney communities,” CPB Contractors Managing Director Juan Santamaria said.
The $576 million Stage 1 of the Nepean Hospital Redevelopment will include:
- A new clinical services block
- 12 new operating theatres
- Doubling the capacity of medical oncology
- A new and expanded emergency department
- More than 200 beds in new accommodation
- A new neonatal intensive care unit
- A helipad
- New community health services
- 18 birthing suites in new accommodation
Construction on Stage 1 has already commenced and it is due to be completed in 2021.
A new multi-storey car park that has up to 600 new parking spaces was recently completed for the Nepean Hospital as well.
Subscribe to the PlantMiner blog today to stay up to date with the latest industry news and project updates.