Downer EDI Limited, through its Asset Services business, has recently secured a number of contract wins and extensions – with a combined value of $324 million – in the power generation, oil and gas as well as industrial sectors.
Downer’s contract awards in the power generation sector include:
- A four-year contract with Delta Electricity to deliver major and minor outages and supplementary labour for the Vales Point power station on the New South Wales central coast
- A contract for the installation of a refurbished Hitachi 500MW stator for the Loy Yang B Power Station in Victoria for LYB Operations & Maintenance Pty Ltd
- A contract with Stanwell Corporation for inspections and rewinds of six 350MW generator rotors for its Stanwell and Tarong power stations in Queensland
In the oil and gas sector, Downer’s contract awards include:
- A three-year framework agreement with Santos for the provision of multi-discipline works across existing upstream operational sites. Services include structural, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation, provided across various site locations
- A one-year extension to an existing maintenance contract with the operator of the Darwin Liquified Natural Gas facility in Darwin
Lastly, Downer’s contract awards in the industrial sector include:
- A two-year extension with BHP for the delivery of sustaining capital projects across their Western Australian iron ore sites. The services cover sustaining capital projects in mechanical, electrical and rail
- A site services contract with Wesfarmers Chemicals, Energy and Fertilisers group for the provision of electrical maintenance and shutdowns over the Western Australian and Northern Territory operations
“Through our Asset Services business, Downer has an excellent track record of delivering installation, maintenance and shutdown services to our customers across Australia.
“These new and extended contracts are a strong endorsement of our capability as an asset management partner of choice and demonstrates the strength of our ongoing, long-term relationship with our customers,” Downer Chief Executive Officer Grant Fenn said.