Downder EDI has secured five contracts through its mining services businesses, valued at over $250 million. The projects, spanning blasting, mining and land management services, will see Downer team at sites across Western Australia, Queensland and Victoria.
The works include:
- Blasting contract at Boddington Gold Mine: a three year contract, plus an option for an additional two years, with Newmont Asia Pacific at its Boddington Gold mine. This is a new opportunity for DBS and includes the customisation and then ongoing management of an onsite emulsion manufacturing facility;
- Blasting contract at Karara mine: a three and a half year contract, plus options for an additional two, two-year extensions, with Karara Mining Limited at its Karara mine site; and
- Blasting contract at Savage River mine: a five year extension of the existing contract with Grange Resources (Tasmania) Pty Ltd at its Savage River mine site. DBS has been providing blasting services at Karara since 2012 and at Savage River since 2007.
- Underground mining contract at Fosterville mine: at Newmarket Gold Inc.’s Fosterville Gold which includes providing ground support services and related mining services. Downer currently provides mining services at Newmarket Gold Inc.’s Cosmo mine.
- Water and land management and erosion prevention activities contract at Century mine: a three year contract at the Century mine site as part of a 50:50 joint venture between the Waanyi Prescribed Body Corporate (Waanyi PBC) and Downer's ReGen business,
The three blasting contracts involve the supply, manufacture and delivery of explosives and down the hole blasting services,
In a company statement, The Chief Executive Officer of Downer, Grant Fenn, said the contract wins highlighted Downer's broad capabilities in mining services to both existing and new customers.
“These new and extended contracts are a clear endorsement of Downer’s broad value proposition for mining services customers which includes enhancing safety, increasing productivity and engaging the local community,” Mr Fenn said.
If you're interested in major works like these, make sure your business knows how to make a great first impression to project decision makers. Download this free capability statement template by clicking the button below.
Source: Downer Group.