Upgrade works on the Great Eastern Highway in Perth’s east will continue with a $14 million contract to deliver Stage 2 awarded to Georgiou. The $34 million upgrade project is jointly funded by the State and Australian Governments, and it will deliver works to improve the highway between Bilgoman Road in Glen Forrest and Kintore Road.
The second stage of the Great Eastern Highway upgrade will include:
- Widening of 5.2 kilometres of road to provide sealed shoulders
- 4.5 kilometres of new drainage
- New or extended turning pockets at all intersections
- New street lighting that meets the Australian standard
- New shared paths that will link to new sealed bus bays
- New road marking, advance warning signs and guide posts
- 11 kilometres of safety barriers
- New driveway crossovers for about 70 properties along the route
The upgrade will also include modifying the intersection at Park Road and Hardey Road to help improve safety at this busy section of the highway.
Park Road and Hardey Road intersection upgrade (source: Main Roads WA)
Georgiou said on their website: “Georgiou’s strong community relations strategy is aimed at minimising disruption to neighbouring properties and ensuring full transparency of upcoming works.”
An upgraded Great Eastern Highway between Bilgoman Road and Kintore Road will provide motorists with improved efficiency and safety as well as enhanced pedestrian and cycling facilities.
Construction on Stage 2 is expected to commence in September 2018, with upgrades completed by mid-2019.
Want to stay up to date with the latest industry news and project updates? Subscribe to the PlantMiner blog today.