Locals will be able to benefit from a safer open level crossing on the Warrego Highway in Chinchilla, Queensland as well as better freight efficiency with a $16 million upgrade set to commence later this year.
The upgrade is going to be done at the open level crossing where the Queensland rail line intersects with the Warrego Highway and Wambo Street.
This multi-million dollar upgrade project on the Warrego Highway will:
- Improve safety as well as efficiency by upgrading intersections including right turn facilities onto the local street network
- Provide safer access to business and residential properties along the route
- Upgrade rail crossing facilities including signals and boom gates by providing additional lanes to cope with increased traffic demand
- Install additional street lighting at the rail crossing
- Provide right turn access onto Inverai Road
Construction on the Chinchilla open level crossing project is expected to commence in August of this year, and works are projected to be completed by mid-2019.
Subscribe to the PlantMiner blog today to stay up to date with the latest industry news and project updates.