A new Maitland Hospital is set to open in New South Wales in 2022 with construction commencing on December 2019. Multiplex Constructions was also awarded the contract to deliver main works for the $470 million project.
Main works on the project include:
- Construction of the new Hospital’s concrete structure, facade, entry arbour, and roof including the rooftop helipad
- New loading dock, engineering services plant rooms, internal sealed roads, on grade car parking and pathways
- Internal fit out works, finishes and equipment installation including signage and wayfinding
- Landscaping to external areas and courtyards
- An upgrade of the existing Chelmsford Road / Metford Road roundabout
The new Maitland Hospital will have a range of services as well as more beds and treatment spaces to increase its capability to meet the changing healthcare needs of the community.
Maitland Hospital will also be able to provide emergency care, chemotherapy chairs, surgical services, critical care, maternity services, paediatric care, cardiac catherisation, inpatient beds, mental health, palliative care, outpatient clinics and dental.
The new facility will have car parking spaces for patients, staff and visitors as well.
Over 200 groups have been involved in the design of the Maitland Hospital, and the detailed design process is about to conclude.
New South Wales’ new Maitland Hospital is anticipated to open in early 2022.
Watch this space for the latest industry news and project updates by subscribing to the PlantMiner blog today.