- Upgrades to change rooms and match-day facilities to match AFL standards
- Upgrades to the stadium’s seating; provide public shelters, toilets that have all-abilities access, facilities for catering and food beverages, and a ticketing infrastructure
- Improved lighting around the main oval of the stadium, as well as provide a video and electronic scoreboard
The stadium’s upgrade is fully funded by the State Government, and has committed $31.5 million to the entire Eureka precinct redevelopment project – including upgrades to the Wendouree Sports and Events Centre, and the C.E. Brown Reserve. Completion of construction works is expected just before the beginning of the 2017 AFL season and the newly revitalised stadium will boast of more than 5,000 undercover seats as well as a capacity of more than 11,000 spectators.
Source: Come to Life Ballarat
The project expects to:
- Create 38 construction jobs
- Attract an extra 1,500 participants per year
- Draw an additional 21,000 visitors to Ballarat each year
- Increase the annual tourism spending in the city by at least $3.6 million
Once construction is completed, the Eureka Stadium will be able to cater to international acts and tournaments which will be bringing events to the region usually held only in Melbourne or Geelong.
Find out the advantages of using local suppliers in your tender bid on our free eBook – 3 reasons why local suppliers will improve your tender applications.
Source: Premier of Victoria