The New South Wales Government is committing up to $72.7 billion to infrastructure investments over the next four years.
This road and public transport projects package will help unclog cities in the State as well as get commuters and motorists home sooner.
The Budget will continue to invest in road as well as public transport projects across NSW, helping local communities thrive. This Budget highlights:
- $7.2 billion in Government investment for the third stage of WestConnex, including the M4-M5 Link
- $4.9 billion across four years for Sydney Metro City and South West
- $3.5 billion across four years for the Pacific Highway upgrade
- $4 billion across four years for Sydney Metro Northwest
The State Government will also be making significant investments in local roads which includes:
- $648 million in 2017-18 of NSW and Commonwealth Government funded road upgrades to support Western Sydney Airport at Badgerys Creek
- $548.5 million since the 2016-17 Budget for the Regional Road Freight Corridor program to create safer, more efficient road freight corridors
- $264 million across four years to reduce congestion on Sydney roads by addressing critical pinch points, and commencing the implementation of the Smart Motorways program on the M4 Motorway
Let us know your thoughts about this significant investment by leaving a comment below.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the PlantMiner blog to stay up to date with the latest industry news and project updates.
Source: NSW Budget 2017-18