#tendertuesday is a series of posts digging up current government tenders from across the country. Ticking off tenders state-by-state, each week we compile a list for a different state to help you keep up-to-date with projects on the rise in your local area!
This week we're doing a Regional Spotlight... NT, ACT and TAS listen up! We're keeping you in the loop with a list of some current government tenders which could win you work!
When planning to tender it's important to follow a series of steps to ensure you're fully qualified, able to submit a conforming tender application and have the capability to service the project.
Steps to planning your tender response
1. Start early
2. Register your interest with the contracting agency
3. Understand the requirements
- Read the tender document thoroughly
- Attend pre-tender briefing sessions
- Seek clarification on anything you're unsure about
- Be aware of any changes or additional information
4. Determine whether you have the ability to complete the whole project or whether you'll need to sub- contract or form a consortium
5. Follow the tender criteria and determine any weighting placed on particular sections
6. Note the closing date, time and location for submission
7. Prepare a tender response strategy considering:
- The budget
- Resources required
- Your chances of winning the tender
8. Read and understand the terms and conditions and ensure you can comply
9. Find out how to respond:
- Follow specified format
- Complete mandatory and desirable crieteria
10. Use a checklist to ensure you've covered all requirements
NT, ACT and TAS projects going out to tender
Improve your tender application to give yourself the best chance of winning work. Check out our tendering resource below and gain a competitive edge by submitting a conforming tender that ticks all the boxes!