According to Acting Premier Jackie Trad, the announcement of the shortlist followed a comprehensive assessment of the Expressions of Interest received by the Cross River Rail Delivery Authority for the two major work packages for this massive project.
“Cross River Rail is a transformational project that will unlock the bottleneck at the core of our transport network and increase its capacity to delivery ‘turn-up-and-go’ public transport.
“It will also generate 7,700 jobs during construction, and stimulate decades of economic development opportunities right across South East Queensland,” Ms Trad said.
Route map (source: Cross River Rail)
The two major works packages and the shortlisted tenderers are:
- The Tunnel, Stations and Development public-private partnership (TSD)
- Pulse – CIMIC Group-led consortium, including Pacific Partnerships, CPB Contractors, UGL, BAM, Ghella and DIF
- Qonnect – QIC, Capella Capital, Lendlease, John Holland and Bouygues
- CentriQ Partnerships – Plenary Group, ACCIONA, GS Engineering & Construction, Salini Impreglio and Spotless Group
- The Rail, Integration and Systems alliance (RIS)
- River Rail Alliance – Laing O’Rourke Australia Construction Pty Limited, GHD Pty Ltd, Aurecon Australiasia Pty Ltd, SYSTRA Scott Lister Australia Pty Ltd
- Unity Alliance – CPB Contractors Pty Limited, UGL Engineering Pty Limited, Jacobs Group (Australia) Pty Ltd, AECOM Australia Pty Ltd
“Shortlisted companies will now be required to prepare detailed bids that demonstrate innovation and offer Queenslanders the highest possible value for money.
“Once the assessment process is complete, the consortia selected from these shortlists will be building this project,” Ms Trad said.
This multi-billion dollar project will be delivering a 10.2-kilometre rail line between Dutton Park and Bowen Hills. Cross River Rail will also include a 5.9-kilometre twin tunnel that will run under the Brisbane River and the CBD.
Scope of works under the TSD package will include:
- A tunnel from a southern portal near Dutton Park which will run under the Brisbane River and CBD, to a northern portal beyond Normanby
- Four new underground stations at Woolloongabba, Albert Street, Roma Street, and Boggo Road
- Tunnel portals and dive structures
- Associated mechanical, electrical and safety systems - which includes vertical transportation for passengers at underground stations
- Underground track works, traction power systems and selection rail operation and control infrastructure
Woolloongabba station (source: Cross River Rail)
On the other hand, works under the RIS package will include:
- Rail civil and electrical works
- Rail operation systems and controls
- Rail signalling and communications
Early works on the project are underway at the Woolloongabba site - which will become the staging site for the Tunnel Boring Machines - as well as along the rail corridor.
Subscribe to the PlantMiner blog today to stay up to date with the latest Cross River Rail updates and other industry news.