Watpac Limited has been awarded a contract to build the $135 million Casey Hospital Expansion Project in south-east Melbourne. For this project, the company is working as part of the Plenary Health consortium together with Plenary Group and Brookfield GIS.
“We are delighted to have been appointed the contract for the expansion of Casey Hospital,” Watpac Construction VIC State Manager Nick Pavlovic said.
Watpac’s scope of works under this contract will include the finalisation of design as well as construction of the project. Works are expected to commence in the coming weeks.
The Casey Hospital Expansion Project is funded by the Victorian Government and is aimed to deliver additional public healthcare facilities at the hospital which will service Melbourne’s growing outer south-eastern suburbs.
This project is for a 13,000SQM expansion of the Casey Hospital which includes:
- 160 new beds
- The hospital’s first intensive care unit
- Six new operating theatres
- Additional recovery capacity
- A new day surgery unit
- Upgraded pharmacy, pathology and back-of-house areas
- Over 300 new staff and public car parks
- A new front entry building which includes education and training spaces for Monash University
Source: Watpac Limited