York Civil has today announced that they've been awarded three new projects in South Australia.
$2.4 million Techport Common User Facility (CUF) Wharf Extension for Defence SA
CUF is a state owned facility located within South Australia's maritime precinct, Techport Australia. This project involves extending the existing 214m long wharf by adding two 11.2m long and 10m wide extensions. Construction will include:
- Removal of existing rock revetment and scour protection
- Installation of 12no. piles
- Installation of 70 lineal metres of sheet piling
- Installation of new concrete deck
- Installation of new berthing bollards
- Installation of 2 new floating pneumatic fenders
- Installation of scour and revetment rock
$2.1 million Adelaide Freight Terminal Office Upgrade for Asciano Executive Services.After completing phase one of the terminal upgrade, York Civil will return to upgrade the Adelaide Freight Terminal Office. Once finished, the works will house an additional 20 people, and enable all Pacific National personnel to be located centrally.
- refurbishment of three existing office buildings
- demolition of two existing demountable buildings, which will be replaced with a new two storey modular building
- increasing the capacity of the existing carpark
- creating a new outdoor meeting and crib area
- providing new landscaping.
Once completed, the works will house an additional 20 people, enabling all Pacific National personnel to be located centrally.
Image: Construction of Deep Creek Structure at Pike - York Civil
$6.9 million Margaret Dowling and Bank J Regulator Structures for SA Water in the Riverland
The project is the next step of the State and Commonwealth government’s $98.9m Riverine Recovery Program (RRP).
The contract includes construction of new flow regulating infrastructure, as well as road and pedestrian bridges on Margaret Dowling Creek within the Pike Floodplain. This includes:
- new pedestrian bridge over the creek
- supply and installation of floating barriers at the approaches to the pedestrian bridge and regulator and fishway structures
- remediation of disturbed areas
- demolition of the existing regulator and Lock 5 Road culvert
- removal, protection, delivery and placement of the existing timber foot bridge and rock pillars to the Paringa Museum.
York Civil has already undertaken numerous projects in the Riverland area with the Construction of Deep Creek Structure at Pike and Construction of Infrastructure for Pike Floodplain completed in the past 18 months.
Like York Civil, learn how to build on past projects and your industry track record to optimise your capabillity system. Click below!