The project will comprise of road works, bridge works and associated works on a 2.9 kilometre section of rural carriageway on the Princes Highway. Works will include:
- Construction of a new section of highway which follows the current road design standards
- Construction of a new bridge over Dignams Creek, replacing the existing bridge
- Relocating the intersection of Dignams Creek Road and the Princes Highway
- Upgrade works on the existing southbound overtaking lane
- Revegetation of the existing Princes highway
“When completed, the upgrade will increase road safety at the current Dignams Creek intersection, improve road safety by improving the road alignment, reduce vehicle carbon emissions, improve travel times on the Highway and provide safer crossings for local animals,” said York Civil on a statement.
Construction is expected to commence in early 2017.
Subscribe to the PlantMiner newsletter today to receive the latest industry news and project updates straight to your inbox.